Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interior / Trunk

After missing a few weekends due to bike racing, I got back to the car Saturday for a couple hours. Finished up the Dynamat installation. There are still lots of places it could be installed but decided enough was enough. I don't plan one of those head-banging bass systems so there's no need to completely sound-proof the car - esp with it being a convertible.











With the Dynamat wrapped up, I headed back to the trunk area. I've been wanting to get the gas tank back in but was waiting until I speckle-painted the trunk area. Bought some white/gray speckle paint from Eastwood that I've used before on my 67. I like the looks of it and it goes a long way in hiding the myriad of small  bumps/dents that are inevitably found in a 40 year old car trunk. After 2 coats of paint, I let it dry overnight and hit it with 3 coats of Diamond Clear Satin on Sunday.






All that's left before dropping in the tank is touching up the body paint on the inner wheel wells and rear bulkhead. Found some Ford Candy Apple Red by Plasti-Kote on the internet tonight and ordered a can. A couple squirts and I should be nearly finished in the trunk. Just a few stainless steel fasteners here and there and running the new taillight harness.

Susie dropped off the rear seats at the upholstery shop last Thurs. I had previously sand blasted and painted the seat frames so they have been ready for upholstery for awhile now. Just needed to get them to the shop. Front seats are already done. Now that the Dynamat is completed, I can get the carpet installed, followed in short order by the front and rear seats. Someplace to sit again in the car other than the floor!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment