Monday, June 20, 2011

Dynamat Going In - Damn you Foose!!!

This is what I get for watching too much OverHaul'in. Chip Foose finally brainwashed me into thinking I need Dynamat. But after thinking it over, I figured a 60's convertible that we plan on taking across Route 66 someday, could probably use additional sound deadening and heat protection. So this weekend, I removed the perfectly good carpet that I had already taken off my lengthy to-do list, to install 9 sheets of Dynamat I recently purchased over the Net. It was initially a bit awkward to install but after a sheet or two, I got the hang of it and ripped through the rest of it in two afternoon sessions. Came up a little short and decided to order a couple sheets to finish the floor and then a couple more after that to do the doors and quarters. The best advice I can give is to break it up into smaller sections. Large sections are difficult to work and end up causing more trouble than they are worth.   Some thin sheets of cardboard are good for making templates of odd-shaped areas - like the curved sections of the foot wells in the rear seat area.
While waiting for the next sheets to arrive, I think I'm heading to the trunk area to see if I can finally get that new gas tank installed and out from under my feet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment